The Consulting Co Program Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 1st December 2020
These are the General Terms and Conditions set out by The Consulting Co, valid for all remote internship programs with The Consulting Co (“We”, “Us”, “The company” “TCC”) by you (“Intern”, “You”, “Your”, “Applicant”, “Student”, “Participant”, “Junior Consultant”, “Trainee Consultant”). All programmes are subject to these conditions, which become legally binding upon making an application. The Consulting Co reserves the right to withhold confirmation of enrolment at its discretion if such action is deemed necessary in the interests of the Applicant, client, The Consulting Co or any of our partners. In addition to the following Terms and Conditions, all Interns of the Consulting Co are obliged to act in compliance with the rules and regulations of the relevant country in which the program is conducted, where our Clients are located and where the program is delivered. Failure to do so may lead your place on the program being terminated and possible civil or criminal actions by the host company.
1. Our Obligation
In return for the receipt of your full program fee, TCC will deliver the following:
- Arrange provisions for a remote consulting program.
- Dedicated Senior Consultant to supervise You and mentor You throughout the Program.
- Virtual social events or business webinars.
- Professional Reference upon request.
- Completion Certificate
2. Your Obligations
All programmes are subject to these conditions, which become legally binding upon making an application for a place on the program.
During your time on the program, You will:
- Maintain good conduct at all times.
- Comply with the instructions provided by The Consulting Co staff, our partners and/or subcontractors and your Client. Improper interference with the functioning of the program that deviates from the accepted professional or ethical standards will be regarded as misconduct. This also includes not following the terms, conditions and rules set by the Senior Consultant and/ or the Client.
- Liaise with The Consulting Co to ensure sufficient documentation and support is provided to assist with your internship.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we expect all documents requested to be submitted within 5 working days.
- Reply in a timely manner to all correspondence issued by the Consulting Co. For the avoidance of doubt, we expect a response within 48 hours before you start on a Client project and during the same day when on a Client Project.
- Work with Us in a timely manner to attend any necessary telephone or online interviews as required by us or the Client.
- Utilise all the resources and support provided by Us in the lead up to your internship, during the program and post-program, including thoroughly reading all documents and resources supplied to you.
- Follow our and our Client’s code of conduct, policies, dress code, break times and any other rules and regulations. You should act as an intern of your assigned project and complete all tasks given to you to the best of your ability. You understand and accept that failure to adhere to this clause may result in Your internship being terminated and as a result, The Consulting Co reserves the right to terminate your participation on the program with immediate effect. No refund will be provided in this scenario.
- Accept The Consulting Co has no control over the jobs, tasks, type or amount of work given to You by the Client, during your time on the program.
- You must communicate with The Consulting Co any serious complaints, including concerns related to dissatisfaction with our services or with your Client.
- Take responsibility for your conduct at all times while on the program.
- You agree not to act irresponsibly, break the local laws or customs of Your Client location, or put Yourself or others in dangerous situations. If You do, You will be responsible for the consequences and The Consulting Co reserves the right to terminate Your participation in the program with immediate effect. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
- You agree You are training with us is a volunteer activity and, as such, is unpaid.
- The contract takes effect upon Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (continuing the application process without protest to the Terms and Conditions will be understood as acceptance of the contract).
Fees can be paid by bank transfers or via card through our website or electronic invoice. The Application Fee is due at the point of completing Your application. The remaining fee are to be paid in full within 7 calendar days from receiving an invoice from TCC. Bank charges are Your liability.
After an offer for a place on our program has been sent to you, the remaining program fee of £1400 has to be paid by You to The Consulting Co within 7 calendar days of receiving the invoice. This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance, except in the case of The Consulting Co failing to run a program. Payment is defined as receipt of funds in our bank account or presenting a valid proof of bank transfer. Any bank costs incurred are your liability.
It is Your responsibility to make sure that payment by bank transfer is possible in time from Your bank account or find alternative ways of making the bank transfer before the 7-day deadline.
No compensation, fee reductions, refunds, credit or extension of the programme can be given under normal circumstances, including:
- Services or inclusions as defined on the website not used
- Late start, absence or early finish from a program
- Days when the company is closed because of official holidays
There is an application fee of £50 to apply for the Program. This will be refunded in full if your application is rejected. If you voluntarily drop out of the program, this fee will not be refunded.
4. The Program
The client project found for You will only be confirmed after the program fee has been paid in full.
Once You have been allocated a project from a client, the project or the Client cannot be changed under normal circumstance.
In instances where the assigned Client demands it, You agree to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the assigned Client company.
Regardless of whether or not the assigned Client company requires a written Non-Disclosure Agreement, then You agree to respect and keep confidential the Intellectual Property and any confidential information of the assigned Client company. Any violation of this clause can have severe consequences, including possible prosecution and lawsuits.
We are not responsible for the workload provided by the assigned Client company whether it is high intensity or low intensity. In such situations, You should discuss the problem with Us and We will endeavour to resolve the issue accordingly.
If The Consulting Co terminates Your internship prior to the end of the stated time as a result of Your inadequate or unhelpful participation, prolonged or repeated absence from work, or repeated tardiness at work, or unethical conduct, or improper conduct, or improper behaviour, or violation of the contract with the Client, or any violation of company rules, or the laws of the respective country, or any similar acts or omissions, no refund of Program fees will be given and We are under no obligation to provide another project. In such a case, We reserve the right to cancel Your program with immediate effect.
The application fee is non-refundable if you fail to attend a scheduled interview or if You fail to complete the online assessment within five days of receiving the invite.
Prior to the end of the first week on the program, You can drop out of the program and receive a full refund of your program fees. To qualify for a refund, the candidate must attend all scheduled meetings and events during the induction week. Failure to attend events over the course of the Induction Week will result in the Candidate not being eligible for a refund.